Q: When can I register my son/daughter for football/cheer?
Q: When does the season start?
Q: When is game time?
A: Tiny Mite 9:00AM, Mitey Mite 10:30AM, Jr Pee Wee 12:30PM, Pee Wee 2:30PM, Jr Midget 4:30PM, Unlimited 6:30PM. Games may begin up to 30 minutes early.
Q: How long is the season?
A: Depends on what team your child participates on. Tiny Mites are done after the regular 9 game schedule (which is usually completed by the last weekend of October). The cheer teams compete in October and may advance to competitions that run through December.
Mitey Mites usually play a Bowl game so there season could potential go into early November.
For the four competitive divisions the earliest they will be done is early November.
Q: What kind of commitment is required for Pop Warner Football and Cheer?
A: The season is very demanding and the following are a few things you MUST be aware of:
- Parents are required to attend ALL practices. It is against Pop Warner guidelines to leave your child unattended at any time at a Pop Warner facility this includes all games and practices.
- You are required to fulfill your volunteer hours. Any parent that does not fulfill this requirement may cause their child to be ineligible come game time. These volunteer spots are first come first serve and can be served during practices or before and after your child’s game.
- You should be ready for a Picture Day. This is an exciting time and really gets the kids excited. This day will require patience as there will be a lot of pictures to be taken and then get the participants to practice. Every child needs to be photographed at this time, even if the parents have no interest in purchasing pictures.
- Rain days, are a big part of our season. There are times that are practice may be cancelled or relocated because of inclement weather. We will utilize Team Parents, email, Facebook, and our flag system to help spread the word.
- Jamboree is the kickoff to our season each year. The jamboree is a mix of teams from all over the conference coming to play at the same location in a series of shortened games.
- Cheer competitions are held each year at the Conference level, Regional Level, and National Level. These trips can be costly once outside the Conference Level and will require extra fundraising time by participants and parents alike. Fundraising helps keep the parents from having to front all of the money to make these trips. The Cheer Competitions are held around holiday times and are something you as a parent should prepare for.
- Post Season play will begin shortly after the regular season ends. Just like cheer these post season games can extend into the holiday season and you should plan accordingly to be a part of it.
Q: What is required to register my child?
A: The following items are required for the Pop Warner Player books. Failure to provide these will delay your registration process. Your participant WILL NOT be eligible for participation without ALL items being turned in.
1.) Original birth certificate (not needed if you are returning to the league from last year).
2.) A 2×2 photo (current face shot without hat or sunglasses). Please write name on back of photo.
3.) Parental consent form, parent and child signature required.
4.) Current 4th quarter report card (must have ALL 4 quarters).
5.) Pop Warner physical form with original doctor’s signature.
6.) Payment. Effective 2015 season, when registering online you must pay in full or sign up for the payment plan.
A: 8/1/17 – Labor Day, M/T/W/T/F 6pm-8pm. After Labor Day M/T/Th 6pm-8pm.
**Please note: ALL family vacations need to be completed prior to August 1. Pop Warner rules require a specific amount of conditioning and practice hours be completed prior to participating in regular games. These requirements require all participants to be present on August 1.
Q: Where are the practices held?
A: All practices are held at the Bulldog Field.
Q: When are our games?
A: All games are played on Saturdays. You must arrive 75 to 120 minutes prior to kickoff of your game for check in.
Q: Is there travel required?
A: The FYD Conference of Pop Warner has done their best to keep travel to a short distance. We schedule 4-5 Home games and 4-5 Away games. Most away games are located no more than an hour away.
Q: What are the fundraising requirements?
For 2017 we will require fundraising. Events, dates & locations TBD.
Q: As a player what am I required to supply?
A: All players are responsible to supply are cleats, socks, and an athletic cup.
Q: As a cheerleader what am I required to supply?
A: All cheerleaders are responsible to supply a towel and water bottle for practice, practice shoes, and game shoes. Information on shoes will be supplied at a later date from your team mom.
We hope that this will help answer any of you questions.
If your questions is not listed here, or you would like more information please email: email@example.com